Virgil Elliot's Facebook Page

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I know many of us hate Facebook - indeed, I do myself, but limit my exposure to it. However, if you do inhabit Facebook, and can put up with the amazing amount of sheer twaddle that populates so much of it, I seriously recommend that you sign up to Traditional Oil Painting, which is a page dedicated to the excellent book written by Virgil Elliott, a highly experienced US painter, and published by Echo Point Books (also USA).   Do not go to WetCanvas - a worthily-intended website, but full of hideous misinformation - Virgil is a stern moderator, who weeds out bad advice, and an absolute mine of information on oil painting.  I've been painting in oils for over 50 years, and have learned so much there - it's so good a resource that, dammit, even our own Alan Bickley could learn from it; you can't really say fairer than that.  You don't have to enjoy Virgil's style - I don't, in every case - but the depth of his knowledge is just about inexhaustible.  All the questions ever asked here on Painters Online could be answered just by reading his book.  Go there, and learn!