Making an oil painting of my youngest daughter; a covid nurse.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Firstly David, may I say, I am sorry to hear you have been through the virus yourself. Secondly, not that I have much experience in art but I think you have captured the fear, frustration, bewilderment, anger and isolation in the eyes and in the detail of the slightly raised eyebrow and crease in the forehead and how the masks gives the impression she is taking a deep breath in. I think it is an excellent portrayal of a particular time, that you have documented through your art. This pandemic will be an important historical event. You have documented a part of it for the future. As for Bob Ross, as you can Imagine, I had never heard of him, about a month ago, someone said to me, you should watch Bob Ross, on one of the BBC channels. I never got around to it and by the sounds of it, I did myself a favour.
David: I know just how you feel with regard to your daughter. If it means anything, you can certainly thank her from me, for her selfless effort. I have seen so very little of my Granddaughter of late, as she too was seconded to a Covid ward in Walsall, for the last months of her training. Pleased to report, she qualified with flying colours, and has landed a place at what is said to be Birmingham's flagship Hospital. Proud isn't the word for me. I just wish I could portrait well enough to make one of her. She will have to make do with a gold ingot pendant! John
Great portrait David and a great tribute to your daughter. I think you’ve captured a sense of apprehension in her eyes- no doubt with what she was having to cope with. We owe a lot to those like your daughter in the NHS and think they deserve to be recognised more and rewarded for what they did and continue to do. 
A beautiful painting, David. It speaks volumes.  I hope you’re over Covid now and on the mend. My fifteen year old grandson had it in July, he was really poorly, but recovered at home, he’s only just getting his smell and taste back to normal. We owe so much to the frontline staff in the NHS. 
Hello David  Your video was lovely to watch.  I don't do portrait either. Fabulous Paintng though and great you can paint so big. Emotional painting 👌 Hope all recovering and keeping well 👍
Showing page 2 of 2