January 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 3
I suppose it is more of a sketch and only 7in square. Around this time of year I get the urge to do more portrait work and need to get my hand in again with a bit of practice. Anyway, it's the first 'painting' of the year (let's hope things improve, eh!). With the weather being great, here 'down under', I really should be out doing plein air stuff.
This was a challenge I set myself to do a piece from a photo in acrylic which I struggle with and using a limited palette 
This is my first painting of the year - an acrylic ink collage.  My aims are to carry on enjoying my painting - and to finally try the Aquabord that’s been sitting in the cupboard for the past couple of years and, as well as more linocuts, perhaps have a go at a few different methods of printing.  I’m also hoping to get work accepted again this year for the Patchings and Sketch For Survival exhibitions.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

My first painting of the year is "Lady Godiva" - a very beautiful Sphynx who I absolutely LOVED painting! This year I've got a lot of goals! I'm focusing on shadows in watercolours, and making time to practice oils (which I only began using in May last year). I'm also looking to try and build my pet portrait commissions back up, as things have become a bit slow on that front after focusing on exhibition work last year.  
Lady Godiva is very beautiful. 
Well what a cat, Liselle-fae !  Were you trying to evoke the cat god Bastet, with your Egyptian  ephemera?  What are those dark blue things in the top left hand corner though?  Striking eyes.
Well what a cat, Liselle-fae !  Were you trying to evoke the cat god Bastet, with your Egyptian  ephemera?  What are those dark blue things in the top left hand corner though?  Striking eyes.
Linda Wilson on 22/01/2022 10:39:42
All my work is heavily influenced by Ancient Egyptian colour symbolism and spirituality, so yes! The flatlays I do of my art for my website/social media are just to present my work in an aesthetically pleasing way rather than just a flat image of the painting, which just isn't for me. In the top left are silk orchids :)
Lady Godiva is very beautiful. 
Sylvia Evans on 21/01/2022 16:58:36
Thank you :)
All my work is heavily influenced by Ancient Egyptian colour symbolism and spirituality, so yes! The flatlays I do of my art for my website/social media are just to present my work in an aesthetically pleasing way rather than just a flat image of the painting, which just isn't for me. In the top left are silk orchids :)
Liselle-Fae . on 24/01/2022 16:05:45
Thanks for the reply.  It has jogged my memory that Egyptian sand cats are on my list of animals to paint.
Liselle-Fae . on 24/01/2022 16:05:45
Thanks for the reply.  It has jogged my memory that Egyptian sand cats are on my list of animals to paint.
Linda Wilson on 26/01/2022 18:53:36
Yes, a fantastic species! I was fortunate to study them during my undergraduate degree. I've a few photos of them myself I keep meaning to paint!
Exmoor zoo have a few if you ever need more pics.
Showing page 2 of 3