January 2021 challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a safe and peaceful festive season. I am now back in the 'office' and ready to share this month's challenge. 2020 was an extraordinary year (let's hope for a better one this year!) and for January we invite you to paint your best memory from the last 12 months.
Happy New Year. This will be an interesting challenge. I know what my best memory is. Can I paint it though, well, I'll certainly give it a try.
Happy New Year to you and the team, Dawn!  This is a tricky challenge - difficult to paint some memories - will have a go, though.
Happy New Year to you and the team from me too, Dawn.   Interesting challenge!
Not my best memory (difficult to interpret in a painting) but certainly a happy one when the garden centres opened again after lockdown!
Difficult to decide on the best memory, this has to be close. A pastel sketch of my favourite view after the first gallop on my new pony. Should have liked an action shot but not daft enough to try at speed!
That's very original, Katy
That’s a fantastic idea and view Katy! I can picture you galloping along.  And Jenny your garden centre painting is lovely. I remember queueing for a click and collect (mostly compost!) order back in Spring/early summer. My best memory for 2020 is easy, unlike most I think! The much awaited arrival of our baby grandson in July. This is him in what I call his polar bear suit, tucked up and ready to go. It’s in gouache and not a great attempt but a start. Babies are extremely difficult!
Jenny I commented on your painting on the gallery, very nice and Katy, I can feel the excitement of you galloping on your new horse and your picture gives you that feeling. Tessa, memories of family always come first and foremost with me and always remain very close to heart but one very different and special memory of last year for me was on the spur of the moment, going into an art shop, not knowing anything and coming out with watercolours, brushes and paper. I chose the paper not knowing it was the right paper, I just liked the rough texture. I didn't even ask for assistance or advice. I thought, flow with it. I can't explain it but it's like finding something special like nothing else matters but you will all know about that, I'm sure, I'm just experiencing it now. Hear is a quick fun watercolour sketch and I've tried to express that moment. Obviously I didn't have all that stuff but I can tell you, my house has become a studio. I was laughing as I was painting it, thinking how much stuff I have acquired in a short amount of time.
This is my favourite memory from 2020, on Hove beach on a lovely sunny day.
It feels carefree, fresh and uplifting, Shirley.
+27717486182 Powerful Lost Love Spell Caster /Powerful & Strong Spiritual Healer Mama Khulusum in USA, UK, AUSTRALIA, SINGAPORE, HONG KONG, CANADA, JAPAN, MEXICO, GET HELP ON THE FOLLOWING_______ contact (+27)-717486182 | World's No1 TRADITIONAL HEALER | SPELL CASTER | SANGOMA MAMA KHULUSUM  ____Are you heartbroken? _____Do you have financial problems? _____Do you have problems at work? _____Have you lost your way in life or do you feel the weight of the world of upon your shoulders? _____Have you lost the love of your life? _____Do you want to bring back your lost lover within 1 day? _____Are there people intentionally standing in your way? Do you feel cursed or bewitched? _____Do you want success in your life? _____Get money on your account same day any amount done using my spiritual powers. _____Troubled relationships _____Do you want to Win court cases? _____You want divorce or you want to destroy divorce. _____Bring back lost or stolen property. _____Business customer attraction. Cleansing homes, business and cars, Family and business protection. _____Stop drinking and smoking. IF THE ANSWER IS YES! THEN STOP WASTING TIME Am here to meet your needs depending on what your situation is. Call or WhatsApp us now for help on (+27)-717486182 Email; [email protected] best love spell caster online, bring back lost love 24 hours, Bring back Lost Love spells, candle love spells to bring back a lover,  love spell casters that work immediately,love spells, love spells that work instantly, how to bring back lost lover 24 hours, how to cast a love spell, how to cast a love spell on my ex, how to cast a love spell that works, i need a love spell, lost love spell caster in Johannesburg, lost love spells Australia, lost love spells USA, love spell caster Canada, love spell caster in Johannesburg, love spell caster in South Africa, love spell caster London, love spell caster near me, love spell caster online, love spell caster UK, love spell caster USA, love spell casters, love spells in London, love spells in Stockholm, love spells in Sweden, Love spells that work, love spells that work for real, love spells that work instantly with proof, love spells that work overnight, mantra to bring back lost love 24 hours, powerful lost love spells, powerful love spell casters, real powerful love spells, simple spells to bring back a lover