December Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
I know there's still a week of November left but here is your final challenge of what's been a challenging 2020. This month we invite you to paint your hopes, dreams and wishes for 2021 and let's spread a bit of festive positivity in the run-up to Christmas. Love all the song title skeches from November - it's been a really fun one. Let me know if you'd like to keep these challenges going for next year too.
Hi Dawn, still really enjoying the monthly challenges, would like to see them carried on next year.  More people seem to be taking part in them now, the November one has been really popular!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

It’s a difficult challenge to paint hopes and dreams.  Think we’d all like to see a peaceful, more carefree world in 2021. This is watercolour with photo collage.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Well, I did actually paint my dream, I had a dream eight years ago, I never forgot about it because it was so strange but a peaceful dream. I have never visited anywhere like it, so I don't know, why it appeared in my dream. Just before I started painting in April, I came across a digital painting thing on my computer and had a mess about with it and that's when I painted my dream. That's why I went out and bought everything to paint with. Here is my dream. I like monthly challenges, it keeps me on the right track and focused.
I haven't joined in the forum challenges as yet, but the December one seems doable. I am in favour for the challenges to continue.
Just posted this in the November sketch a day, but think I should have posted here. A carefree day walking in the Peak District, visiting pubs for Lunch...... can't wait.
As you can see Dawn im still being challenged by the challenges. Love them. Ive titled this one to hope and new beginnings .
What a great start to the latest challenge! I will start thinking of new ideas for 2021 - watch this space!
I like your hope and new beginnings Alan. I did a quick one this evening to get some practice in. It was based on wishing the Covid would blow away as quickly as these bubbles. I haven't done bubbles before and they look more like led ball bearings but it was good practice and I can improve for next time. So here is my offering, it's ok to laugh at the bubbles, I mean led ball bearings.
That’s  a nice wish, and if it were go away in lead balls that’s ok as well.  Very hard thing to do paint  bubbles , my attempts look like snowballs. Nice sketch, like the person and the window frame. 
Thanks Paul, at least I can see the mistakes I've made. My next scene might be a street scene with marbles in it or some wheels.
Thank you Denise, it’s hard to paint a subject of hopes and dreams. In case anyone was wondering  what’s written on the nappy it’s R<1 in math terms it means, R is less than 1 the government target for Covid19

Edited
by Alan Beresford

Showing page 1 of 3