August 2021 challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Great work on the Alice in Wonderland theme for last month - no need to say 'off with their head' to anyone! It's almost August (where does the time go!) so your latest challenge is to paint the sounds of summer. Could be swifts screaming overhead, children playing on the beach or maybe hail stones given what this summer has given us so far!
My favourite sound of summer must be the song of the blackbird - one of our local blackbirds sits at the very top of a neighbouring conifer and sings its heart out - it’s lovely of an early summer evening to sit in the garden and watch and listen to it.  I was going to paint the rest of this but decided to leave it as a line drawing.
That's lovely Jenny. I've done a cricket and poem to go with it, don't laugh. You can laugh if you want. Away from the crowds in the middle of nowhere. A spot to picnic, relax and breathe the fresh air. Where the grass grows long and the flowers run wild. A place from the city, ever so pretty. The sun rays beat down and a light breeze whispers. Abundance of wildlife on the surrounding vistas. Free, as they should be. For me, right in the thick of it, is the song of the cricket. This is the sound of Summer.
Brilliant Denise both the poem and the drawing .
Love both the drawing and the poem, Denise!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

That’s so nice, Denise.
Rain and thunder seem to have been the sounds of summer over the last few days!
Like that Denise .
Usual double whammy with sticky fingers.  Still like it/both Denise .

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

You were worried a bit about not concentrating on one single medium the other day Denise: you clearly have no need to be! Is the poem yours as well?  I write a bit of verse - limericks, usually, of quite stunning vulgarity..... 
Thanks Jenny, Marjorie and Sylvia. Yes Robert the poem is mine. I like stringing a few words together occasionally. Something I've done for a long time.
There was a young thing called Louise Who had quite peculiar knees; She thought it quite ribald When they were nibbled But we only wanted to please...... Boom, and indeed, boom.  I thank you.  
Showing page 1 of 4