Which glue for canvas

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello, I've decided I'd like to add some sand and fine stones to my acrylic painting on canvas.  What glue would you recommend?  I've used a glue gun for heavier particles but the smaller bits where I want the paint underneath to still be seen... what would you recommend? Thank you
You could use PVA that dries clear
I dont think I would use any glue.  I would be more inclined to add the sand etc  to the actual paint.  Mix to required consistency then paint it on.  Sounds like a recipe for a cake .  
I’m with Sylvia. I’ve used gesso powder, marble dust and sawdust at various times. Never used glue. I most often just sprinkle the stuff into wet paint and let it dry. Sometimes I spray (with a diffuser) dilute acrylic medium over it to seal it and have once just brushed on some medium which I suppose you could say is glue. I’ve also put marble dust onto gesso when prepping mountboard for a pastel drawing.
If I were going to embed anything, I'd probably use one of the acrylic mediums designed for the purpose - Jackson's have plenty, as have other suppliers.  (As it happens, I wouldn't embed anything - but people do, you want to, and it ain't my painting!)
Why spoil a beautiful painting! Far nicer when these textures are rendered by your skilful artistic hands :) 

Edited
by C J