The Gallery

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
The Gallery is quite exciting at the moment! New angles on things and vibrant too. I really enjoyed looking through the posts this afternoon. A while ago it had gone quite flat.
I agree with you Marjorie, i admire the work in the gallery, its good to see other's painting styles.
I think the variety is incredible Marjorie and really enjoy looking at everyone.
When people post works for sale in the gallery, why do very few put their sale price on their post?  I like to know how much something is before having to contact the artist. It just puts me off altogether! It's also not useful for anyone starting out, hoping to get some sort of idea on what to sell their work for. Could POL put a compulsory 'price' section in the submission form?
I agree, let's see the price, why not? In a shop or gallery you can compare prices, you can get an idea of value even though you may not agree. Some people have a price on everything they put in the gallery, do any sell? No way of knowing.
I agree that it should be a compulsory requirement Helen, initially there wasn’t a box to put in a price but that was later added. The few dozen or so that I have offered for sale I’ve given a price, it’s pure common sense so why wouldn’t you - and I have sold some. I somehow doubt that it will be something that’s made compulsory though, it’s just one of those things that we will have to accept.