Recycling bird food lids

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I have an over load area in my shed where I keep lot of stuff jars, old saucers, all sorts of boxes even have a metal one that was used for morphine in the war (not by me ) . I often get moaned at for keeping bits and bats . I think it comes from childhood like a lot of people after ww2 we didn’t have much , so we used to make out own bit to play with and save stuff for future use .  It actually good fun finding a use for thinks especially when the people who moan have to admit that keeping it was really after all a good idea . 
Brilliant all you hoarders and recyclers out there.  I wonder if it’s an artist thing ...cos it might come in useful. .? . 
I keep wood off-cuts which I use for small sculptures - in fact I even go out scouting for them in field entrances and building sites not that you can get in many of them these days - health and safety and and all that. Any old pieces and the broken ones are the best - smashed by lories etc - they make great textural sculptures.
I've got plastic containers full of bits of crockery, dug up from the garden. 'One day' I might make a Gaudi-esque mosaic wall. And have a sack of wine corks (drunk over many years, not just lockdown 😂), which I haven't decided what to with yet. Plus many bags full of beer bottle caps, which a couple of weeks ago I decided that I'm going to make a big mural with. So spent many hours sorting them into colours, and many more hours planning the picture and how many bottle caps it would take. (Thousands!). 

Edited
by Helen Martell

This is getting to be like the Monty Python sketch....." you had it hard? You were lucky, I was brought up in a cardboard box!" or something like that.
Good idea Helen.  Perhaps I might make a mural out of my box of buttons.  It would save painting the garden walls.  I have heard of people making bath mats out of corks.
I only said I used my bird food bucket lids as palettes Marjorie...a storm of brilliant ideas.  Yea Rollover Monty P .
Catch up on this post.   Have also discovered that they clean with a bit of a scrub.  Anymore arty recycling tips ?
Showing page 2 of 2