March sketch a day ( or when you can )

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 10 of 10
Today's DW sketch.  BTW, I'm planning to start doing more personal & interesting subject matter.  These are just convenient sources of images of people that won't mind if I botch a sketch of them.  Until I'm better at drawing.  I tried sketching my wife once, but she wasn't impressed with the results!
4th sketch in a row.  This is the longest I've ever been continuously drawing!  They aren't bad likenesses I'm producing, but I'm still frustrated that they still aren't as accurate as I'd like.  I'm guessing more practice is the only answer.
Well done Simon. Your portrait drawings are coming along well. This is a sketch done today of a couple enjoying their take away coffees in Stow on the Wold, with their dog looking on.
Some great sketches, Simon your portrait sketches are a good likeness but we often are hypercritical of ourselves! The only way to improve is to keep sketching as Tessa has already said. Tessa I love your sketch of the couple and their dog. Nothing from me I am afraid as the house renovation is demanding quite a bit of attention at the moment but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. So tomorrow is the start of another month and back to drawing.
There has been some fabulous portrait sketches recently, too many to comment. I’ve dropped off the radar a bit, busy in the garden etc and not in the zone. New month so will try to get back into it.
Showing page 10 of 10