Daily December Sketch (well you may as well!)

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 17
Good sketches Alan , Paul, Gillian and Tessa. I have been experimenting , to see how little paint and colours I can use to achieve a painting/ sketch. A swan on the river in the early morning frost and mist. Payne’s Grey, Hookers Green and Orange.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Very good cafè scene Tessa, in some paintings less is more.great swan Dixie.
Like the cafe and the swan Tessa and Paul.
Rudolph is just looking in to see if you have all been good.
I like the swan very much Dixie and the reduction in colour works very well.  Lovely Rudolph Alan, only a few weeks to go!
Like the reindeer. Great colour. Today another scene from a cafe.
Gillian you have really captured the style and colours in the headdress it looks wonderful. The swan is very clever using limited colours and I love Rudolf. Tessa, I liked your sketch in the cafe and Paul, self portrait are very difficult I did one myself and they are hard to do. If it resembles you, you must have done a good job of it. Every year I look forward to putting a xmas tree up, this year though, I'm thinking how much natural daylight it's going to block when I'm I'm painting.Something I've never had to consider before.
Thanks Denise. I think the self portrait does look reasonably like me, so it’s a step forward. I might try it again in future to see if I can improve. In the meantime, my sketch yesterday was in watercolour on cartridge paper. It’s one I’ve done before, but I thought I’d try again, as the subject always intrigued me. It’s from a photo I took in St Marks square a few years ago. Venice was absolutely rammed with tourists,, but when I looked at the photo later, there was this lady - quite formally dressed - sitting in the sun, reading a book. As I say, intriguing.
Beautiful sketch Paul.  I love Rudolf Alan.  I do admire you sketchers - how do your find the time?  Lovely swan Dixie.  Denise - I think you need a daylight lamp - maybe attach it to your tree?

Edited
by Linda Wilson

Nice reindeer Alan, and excellent sketches Paul. For me it’s another watercolour sketch from a pencil sketch I did earlier in the year, cabbage for dinner I think.
Gosh you guys are quite busy sketching away and all of them are super! Great to see such varied subjects. I have been out for the day with my daughter with our dogs took lots of photos along a costal path so going to use some for some sketches over next day or so! Watch this space!

Edited
by Gillian Cooke

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Showing page 4 of 17