Daily December Sketch (well you may as well!)

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 17
November introduced some new recruits and some super work. We’ve got as far as December so I’m not giving up now! Please join in when you can. Tessa
This is great Tessa and since the thread, the sketching has really been helping me along with the painting and I now sketch quite a lot during the week, very regularly.
Thank you Tessa.  Ive been very neglectful of my sketching.  Will try to do better this month!! Here a start of a small watercolour of some fantasy flowers.
That’s a lovely delicate start Hilary, look forward to seeing it develop.
That’s really lovely Hilary, look forward to the finished painting.
Well done Tessa glad you started up the Dec sketch a day. I have been away from my sketch pads etc for a few days so now I am back must do something today ( after a dental appointment 😢)
Really glad this is carrying on. In November, I managed a sketch every 2, 3, 4 day, although many weren’t very good. In December, I’m going for a good sketch every couple of days - given my hit rate, that’ll probably mean doing a lot more. Anyway, today, I’ve had a good day and submit a whole sketchbook page, which all turned out OK.
Pleased to see it’s still going well done Tessa for setting it up. Your flowers are looking good Hilary and will be a good painting when finish. I’m working on a boat painting ( there’s a surprise, bet your shocked), whilst waiting for an area to dry I set my self the task of doing a quick painting. Minimal pencil line , just the outline two colours Payne’s grey and Dioxazine purple. Max of twenty minutes, stopped after Fifteen mins exact. Not the perfect sketch but fun to do and no time to fiddle .
  . Sorry finger trouble, double post. Like your sketch Paul we must have crossed in the posting.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Good sketch Paul, and a superb looking elephant Paul. I’m keen to get going again so mine is the start of a commission, using conte crayons which haven’t been used for years. Forgotten how much I like them.
I like the elephant and cat Paul and Katy. They make my scribbles look a bit simple.
I think your scribbles look fine Paul, no need to think they look simple as it takes skill to make Scribble look so good.
Showing page 1 of 17