April sketch a day ( or when you can)

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 5 of 9
Super quick study for today.  I'm thinking of working up to a piece depicting a chess game in progress, so I'm playing at drawing the pieces first.  I might do this one a few more times before I'm happy with it.
Interesting sketches of the bridges and transporter! Still experimenting with intense pencils. In the same position as you Hilary waiting to move in a few weeks!
I use inktens pencils and half pan for most of my paintings much better for building up depth of colour...my sketch today is from my Canada sketch book done on the hoof.....
Good start Simon. Lovely daffodil Gillian and Bari, your sketch is full of feeling and emotion. Here is my sketch today. A friend sent some pictures. I sketched this one. I might develop it into a painting. Maybe.
Just a quick sketch in my journal of Lymm Cross doing a walk tomorrow round Pennington flash so might have time for a bit more detail. 

Edited
by Bari Marsh

Practice using graphite sticks and rice paper blending sticks . I haven’t used blending sticks before and have developed a liking  for them . I do like graphite sticks they feel very smooth against the paper , form side a bit messy to touch .
Gives your boat a foggy morning look Paul..my sketch today is a set of old lock gates and gear set up at Pennington flash  our coffee stop on a 6.5ml walk.
Lunch stop pen and wash
Nice sketches everyone. I thought I would give ops art a try. This was an exercise, I enjoyed it. I hadn't come across the term before today.
Very good Denise it works 👍 will have to give it a try..
This one was quite easy Bari. I'm going to do a painted one I think in multi colours.
Showing page 5 of 9