Wet room mural: What varnish should I use to protect the mural?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
This is the one I painted previously for the client in his gymnasium which led to the commission for the wet room. It's about seven foot tall and a mix of emulsion, acrylic and pencil.
Interior latex sealer, if you can find it, is recommended in one of the best painting groups on Facebook (Painting Best Practices) and by one of the best artists on there - it resists mould growth, and should protect your paint.  (I have been scouring the internet on your behalf, stirred and daunted by the challenge you've taken on!)
What can I say Robert other than I am indebted to you as a scholar and a gentleman sir! I too have done my fair share of scouring and seem to have uncovered dozens of 'highly recommended' means of protecting the painting, some of them down-right medieval sounding. Don't fancy gathering obscure things at midnight wearing a gold hat... I will let you know which product I take a chance on when I'm finished. The work began two days ago. I can't hang around for the solstice...
Showing page 2 of 2