Can't get on forum

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Hi, is the cookie acceptance box a new thing?... On my iPad, the box appeared this week, covers the screen almost, and I can't get rid of it, no matter what I click on.... Today, I've resorted to the PC... again confronted by the massive cookie box, but can accept/decline etc and get rid of it.  So, unfortunately, I won't be able to be on here often at all, as the PC isn't transportable to sofas, beds, kitchens, garden seats, etc Dang, I hate technology :-(
Hi helen, it might be caused by an upgrade to your browser on the iPad, with cookie acceptance switched off?
Helen. Message Dawn next week.  She may be able to help.  Or the old trick of deleting it and re installing…grrr
Hi Helen,  I have the same problem: can't get rid of it on my iPad.  On the PC it pops up at every click but I can get rid of it and work on the POL-site as usual. I didn't have any upgrade or what so ever, so... where does it come from? Grrr...
No idea what's happening here - the cookie box should have an 'accept all cookies' button, and pressing that normally gets rid of it.  I don't have an Ipad - and am not so sure I want one, having read this and similar accounts. May it could help if you were able to take a screen-shot, send that to Dawn, and she could then seek advice from the technical people.
I figure it might be my aging iPad... its about 9 years old and no longer updates apps or software updates.  it's getting to the stage where more and more websites I try to look at won't function properly. (I can't look at my own website at all.. ) About time for a new one... but will have to sell a few pictures to pay for it!
Mia has just emailed me about this problem - thanks Mia - and here is the reply from our technicians: This problem only exists on older versions of iOS (10 and below) and has been reported to Quantcast, the operators of our CMP tool. Unfortunately this isn't something we are able to fix ourselves. Hopefully things will be resolved soon, in the meantime users can either updae their devices to the latest OS or use different devices to access the site I'm afraid. Hope this helps, Dawn
Thank you very much for this quick response, Dawn.
Everything back to normal for the moment. No problems opening and watching the POL-gallery and Forum. Thanks Dawn?
Welcome back Mia!
Ha ha, hello again Mia!
Welcome back, Mia.   Helen - can't help with the equipment, I fear.  Why is it that we have to keep buying new hardware .... well, that was a stupid question, wasn't it....?  Money, money, lovely money, that's why.  But you'd think they would keep old software functioning, for those of us who are painters starving in garrets, and pensioners....... YOU'D think; I'D think: they wouldn't.  
Showing page 1 of 2