TALP Open 2021

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 4
I too have been wondering about how to get my painting to Patchings. I have sent paintings using DPD to customers but Art and Paintings are on their list of prohibited & restricted items, so I listed as decorative panel. Do they not take any notice in practise? 
Never had any issues with DPD, but I’m sending oil paintings - I’m not aware of them prohibiting art/paintings. Probably glazed paintings would be prohibited for obvious reasons!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Mine are also oil paintings. Here's their list of excluded items:- https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/prohibited-items however it says on Parcel to Go (which includes DPD as a carrier) that Canvas Prints, Framed Pictures, Pictures, Posters, Prints, Paintings are covered for loss only, not damage. No real alternative for me so I guess I'll have to accept that. 
Are there any pastel painters who have been in the exhibition before- have you framed your paintings with glass and sent them in, or did you not use glass ? (Usually use glass for pastels) 
I can’t be sure Christine, but there must have been many pastels selected for exhibition at Patchings. Yes, of course they need mounting and ‘glazing’ but better to use Perspex/acrylic instead of glass if you intend to send them by courier. There’s some excellent alternatives to glass available these days. I did mention earlier that most couriers won’t accept anything that contains glass.
Quick reminder to any of you who have had work accepted for exhibition and haven't yet completed the online forms regarding delivery of work to Patchings - please could you do so asap! Only a few still to be done but Patchings need the information in order to print labels and arrange the hanging in time for opening next month!
I think I have but now I'm not sure...
Yes, completed the form and sent my painting yesterday by Royal Mail special delivery.  It arrived safely lunchtime today - phoned Patchings to check and they couldn’t have been more friendly or helpful!  

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Matthew at Patching’s (he runs the art shop and deals with all the submissions for the competition) is a really helpful guy! It’s great to have a chat with him on my annual visits. I’m taking my two accepted entries over personally, I can’t risk any damage or loss - they’re currently with the framer.
The exhibitions open online at at Patchings Art Centre on August 21 and run until September 26. They are going to be fantastic! If your work will be on show, and you are visiting the exhibitions, we would love to see a photo of you alongside your work. Share them on our social media pages directly or send them to me ([email protected]) and I will gladly do the honours. Even if you're just visiting, we would still love to see your photos of the exhibitions. Judging for the awards takes place on August 18 - exciting times! Don't forget that you will be able to vote for your favourites to win this year's People's Choice Awards too.
Hi - don't know what the arrangement is, but the Patchings Web site is not advertising the TALP exhibition yet. I thought I'd bring this to someone's attention.
From Patchings website! Meanwhile, working closely with our friends at The Artist and Leisure Painter magazines we have extended the entry deadline for this year’s TALPOpen Competition to June 3, 2021, allowing for two exhibitions, usually opening with the festival, to take place in our two main galleries. These are likely to be the first major exhibitions of our 2021 programme, making the occasion very special when we open them on August 21, running until September 26, 2021.
Showing page 3 of 4