Watercolour pencils - which ones do you use/recommend?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I knew that you’d love them Margaret, on a different level to all others in my opinion, and I’ve tried most of them.
Love these pencils thank you :)   I tried a very quick sketch last night to try them out (couldn't post photos onto Forum last night - don't know why) - very impressed by the rich colours.

Edited
by Margaret Nisbet

Just thought that I would mention that, I have a set of 32 Inktense pencils which includes a wide variety of greens and browns.  But it is worth mentioning that you need to prepare a chart of the colours, both wet and dry as the colours are not exactly what you would expect from the colours on the end of the pencil or the colour of the "lead".
Thanks Linda :)  As far as I can see from paintings online, the Inktense can be used for beautiful paintings but the very strong colours are probably not as suitable as the Museum Aquarelle for the main use I will have, which is urban sketching.   Though I'm sure that, sooner or later, I will be tempted to try them!
Thanks Linda :)  As far as I can see from paintings online, the Inktense can be used for beautiful paintings but the very strong colours are probably not as suitable as the Museum Aquarelle for the main use I will have, which is urban sketching.   Though I'm sure that, sooner or later, I will be tempted to try them!
I like the Faber Castell Magnus because they are much thicker and I tend to be quite vigorous in my sketching.
Thanks John :)
I find Inktense pencils and blocks far superior to any watercolour pencils I have used  in the past.
Thank you Stephen :)
Nice Post...
Showing page 2 of 2