Help. Trying to find artist of a painting.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I think this is probably the first time that a painting has ever been identified here - could be wrong, but it doesn't happen often if it's happened at all. Presumably this isn't likely to be the original painting, then? A copy, or a print? Or is the poster whose inquiry this was a wealthy art collector whom we should assiduously cultivate? Ah - edit: always re-read the original post. This IS the original painting, taken from a photograph in La Piscine - hence the suggestion to examine the back of it was not my cleverest idea of the decade. So our poster is after a copy - well, step forward all eager copyists; how much, we ask ourselves avidly, is he expecting to pay? It's required by October - I fear I have to admit that I doubt I could turn it around it that time.....

Edited
by RobertJones

Well, they think we might have some superior knowledge not obtainable via Google. And on this occasion, someone had!
If Paul is still interested here is a list of sites which might be able to help him get the present for his girlfriend in time. Or what about this one.
Hello Does anyone recgnise this artists work? I am hoping someone may be able to identify the artist and the title of the piece - if it has one It was bought at auction some time ago but sadly the details have been mislaid Any information is much appreciated Thank you
After a quick look, there is a Walter Robin Jennings, British realist, paintings in the 1970's. His signature is in Capitals and is similar, so is the subject matter.  Signed, "Vera' ( from the North East)
Wow! thank you Vera:)
Wow - another painter actually identified - this is such a rare occurrence; but then, it's not often that we have a beautifully legible signature like this.  Very handsome painting, by the way.  Though I'm not sure what's going on in the area above the reeds on the right = a distant elm?  Might be my eyesight that's the issue.
I’m pretty sure it’s not an original, but a hand signed (in pencil) print by the looks of it - decent enough painting though, but a print nonetheless!

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Reported as spam
Showing page 2 of 2