Book

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A couple of years ago I published a book which contains a selection of sketches made on my travels over the past twenty years.  The first edition quickly sold to my artist friends, but the second print run coincided with the arrival of COVID-19 and I still have a few copies left should you be interested. It is a paperback book, A4 landscape format, 99 pages, priced £12 + postage in the UK.   Before you ask, I am now in my late eighties, a keen amateur self taught artist who has painted, mainly in watercolour for a long time.  I have used a sketch book for many years and I have thirty or so filled with drawings/ pen and wash pictures  of where ever I have travelled.  I’m slowing down now but my hobby has given me much satisfaction over the years as has the publication of the book.
A good looking journal, Denis. I know many costal villages look quite similar, but I'm wondering if your cover painting is, Fishguard?
I always admire your method of sketching Denis, very confident and accomplished - sketch books are such a valuable asset, particularly at this moment in time!
How much to send it, Denis?  I'd certainly be interested in a copy if you have one left.  
Sorry for the delay Robert.  You ask about postage?  Well the last one I posted cost around £2.20.  I have a few kicking around so if you want one I’ll be pleased to send it for £14.00.  
This is in reply to your query C Jones.  I’m still trying to master this buy and sell site! The cover I was painted in Mousehole in Cornwall,not Fishguard.
I always admire your method of sketching Denis, very confident and accomplished - sketch books are such a valuable asset, particularly at this moment in time!
Alan Bickley on 03/02/2021 09:19:13
Thanks for your kind remarks.  I find it frustrating right now when Lockdown and the weather prevents sketching outdoors.  I’m finding solace in producing watercolour abstracts.
Alan Bickley on 03/02/2021 09:19:13
Sorry for the delay Robert.  You ask about postage?  Well the last one I posted cost around £2.20.  I have a few kicking around so if you want one I’ll be pleased to send it for £14.00.  
Denis Pickles on 09/02/2021 13:50:28  Hello Denis - my email address is: [email protected] - if you send me your home address to which I could send a cheque, or an account to which I can transfer £14.00, I'll let you know my postal address.  Robert