Paintings from Poetry and Poetry from Paintings

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
Here's a version on Good King Wencleslas especially for fans of Pride and Prejudice ( helps if you know the tale) that I wrote for another site: Mr Darcy, he looked out, one night in late November Mr Hurst was fast asleep, hurrying on December. Brightly shone the moon that night, Netherfield was dreaming Snow fell lightly everywhere, Caroline sat scheeeeeeee..miiing Through the frosty window pane, Darcy spied a carriage, Passing down a nearby lane, this he could disparage. Two young ladies he did see, huddled close together Why on earth were they abroad, in such bitter w—e--eather ? “Yonder peasants who are they?”, Darcy said to Bingley, “They should not be out tonight, in company or singly” “I think it is those two fine girls, we met at the Assembly, Bingley turned a shade of pink, his knees becoming trembleeee. “Grab a goose and follow me” , Darcy cried, commanding, “ Servants get some logs and wine and be not just there standing” Bingley, come man, lead the way, forsake the gaming tables, Let us brave the elements, till we reach the sta….a…bles!” “I don’t know why, this deed you do, the Bennets are not starving” Louisa ate a turkey slice, another she was carving. “Oops”, she cried out in alarm, “ Oh dear my bangle’s broken. I think it’s fallen in the bird”….she wished she hadn’t spo-oh-ken. “What?” said a wakening Mr Hurst, “an evening’s way to spend. We should pass it playing cards, and eating, that’s the trend!” “Food and wine they do not need, and they’ll have logs a plenty. Friends will never see them starve, they dine with four and twe…en..teeeee. “I would come and lend a hand, without a hesitation” Caroline let out a cry, then faked a palpitation. “But think again dear Darcy please, this action’s gallant, true, But that Eliza Bennet girl, would she do it for you-hoo-hoo?” Darce and Bingers forth they went, forth they went together, Through the rude wind’s wild lament, and the Meryton weather. Over hill and over dale, through snow and drift and stile Driving ever onwards, it must have been three mile. Never once did they complain, though harsh the bleak winds blew Determined, huddled inside the coach, valiant heroes true. So bitter was the piercing cold it chilled through every fold And Bingleys new hand warmer was really getting cold. At last they got to Longbourne House, undaunted by a snow flake. The candles glowed a welcome and the family were awake. They staggered through the oak front door, fingers cold and tingly, Mrs Bennet screamed out in delight…come in Mister Biiiiinnnnngggleeeyyyy…. “You come at last to heed my cry , take up my invitation. “Take a seat beside my Jane, your friend may take up station, There beside Elizabeth, you know I have my sources, I hope you’re cold and hungry both, we’re having three good courrrrrrr sssseeeesss!” (-: Painters Onlin e site has done the editing. I doubt painting it all would be very easy....😆

Edited
by Wanderer69

Nice work, Wanderer. Look forward to seeing your illustration Sylvia. There's a few scenes to choose from.
Showing page 4 of 4