A crowded back burner.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Decided to delete this, it was pointless.  This is the only way we can do it...sadly we can't delete posts now.

Edited
by Lewis Cooper

Is there no means of deleting posts?  Trouble is, because I have a few rights with this part of the site, I only see the tools available to a moderator: but I thought there was still a means of deleting our own posts, rather than having to scrap the whole topic.  
There is a way, I’ve done it quite recently! I’ll come back on this one ASAP.
Menu > My account > My Comments  There’s a delete button.
I've had a look Alan...at menu-my account-my comments...that's only to delete a comment.  (Unless I'm missing something.)  I wanted to delete the whole post.  This was possible under the old system, but not the present one. You can still delete art, and comments. I used the edit post function to delete all the nonsense I'd written.  But that still leaves the post in view, that's why I wrote the above note. Not a problem.  I'll just have to think twice before I start a post.   (It wasn't offensive, I hasten to add...just pointless, and probably of interest only to me.)
Yes it is Lew, I thought that was what you were after - you can’t delete the whole posting anymore. I assume Dawn could do it! There’s a lot of minor issues that need tweaking, changing a photo in a post is another! I’ve been told that they are going to be done at some stage!
Just a point - I can delete topics as well - so by all means ask Dawn or me, and we'll have a race to see which of us gets to it first.  Dawn is very nippy, mind....
Ok Robert, the next time I want to delete a topic, I'll ring your bell.  Doesn't happen very often.
Someone mentioned inspiration?  My inspiration has been at a low 'setting' lately. A week or so ago I fell foul of another attack of cellulitis, and my legs look like I've been up to my knees, in crushed, red grapes! Now I am not complaining, but this condition can be painful, so it's not conducive to doing anything, let alone painting, which needs the muse to be in full steam. Mind you,  I managed to get a Doctor to visit and examine me; (Since lock-downs started this has been more difficult than whistling up a genie from an oil lamp.)  So no, I am not complaining. I have finished the course of antibiotics, and now I feel more like using up some small canvas panels I got from Ken Bromley. I'll buckle down to it then, and test out these Loxley boards. Hopefully I'll produce something worth posting. Regards John
That sounds pretty grim, John.  Glad you're on the mend.   This post was going to be about inspiration, or lack of it.  About starting things and setting them aside.  What's new about that?  I attempted to delete the post and found I couldn't.  Right now, I have more things I want to do artwise than I can possibly manage in the time I can set aside for art.  Again...what's new about that?  Whatever art is, it's certainly not a smooth ride.
John, that must be awful, agree about the difficulty of seeing doctors, it’s frightening. Glad it seems to be improving. And Lewis, I know what you mean about time. I had a rant the other night about time being short and why hadn’t I started this art journey earlier! But I couldn’t, could I? Family always and still does come first. We’re still very lucky in many ways.
That does sound mightily uncomfortable, John. You reminded me of when I lived in New Zealand... my mum was allergic to the sandflies, but they loved her... her legs would blow up in big red blotches all over and she could barely walk sometimes. I've had similar difficulty with dentists this week (for the husband, not for me) - he's broken a tooth. The dentist he's been going to for 60 years has struck him off their list as he hasn't been for a while... Errrrrr what? I think a global pandemic is a valid reason for not having your teeth checked. He's really miffed, and quite upset by it. (He's gone out tonight to release his anger at a football match).