You know i said i cant stand football.....

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Me tonight..... Whats happened to me??? 🙈🙈🙈
It's art, innit?
What happened to you? You turned into something, I have to say, of a spanner or turnip, neither of which was an improvement. Cast it all aside. Reach for a good book. Even a bad book. But once you watch these idiots performing for cash, you will be sucked in and perverted. I feel it only fair to warn you. The rest is up to you.
I've had to get up around 5.45 am to watch (only the semis and will watch the final). Didn't realise we had it on free to air earlier on. Was really sorry England missed out this time, hopefully with a young team they'll go all the way in four years time.
So sorry to hear that you have had a serious infection, and send my very best wishes for a good recovery now that you are home again. Take care. Yes, I thought that the Croatian team did play better football (as someone who knows virtually nothing about what we call "soccer"), and will be interested to see how they go up against France. All the commentators I've heard here are saying France is a certainty, having seen both semis I wouldn't put money on it.
Aww Syd glad to hear your on the mend. Its not nice being stuck in hospital and especially not in this weather those places are like a furnace in this heat arnt they. I was stuck in one a few summers back in this weather it was atrocious. I feel for you. Glad your home. Where you can relax and actually get better, in you own surroundings.
Sorry to hear you've not been so well Syd - pleased you are on the mend and hope you recover soon.
How do, Syd - it's obvious that they made you out of ingredients meant to last. Plenty of simple recipes online, they tell me: simplest one I know is a vegetarian curry/dahl - saffron rice, green lentils boiled to mush, fried onion, garlic, ginger, garam marsala, cumin, squeeze of tomato purée - the only real effort is slicing the onion and crushing the garlic : even when I don't feel like cooking (but do feel like eating) this is a dish that comes into its own. And, indeed, into me... Add a bit of turmeric instead of saffron - also a pinch in with the fried onions. And you can have a glug of red wine with it: as, um, I often do. Hope you're back to strength and painting again soon.
Could be tempted to try your curry recipe Robert, and a simple cuke raita would go very well. Perhaps Fiona's but made with yoghurt instead of cream cheese. Afraid I'd skip the chillis though Michael, don't like anything too hot!

Edited
by SandraKennedy

Good advice Michael.