New area of the forum to introduce yourselves

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Re-entered from another topic My turn, John Rowland Kay, (though I never use my second name, even though it makes me look as if I lead Steppenwolf, a pop group) grew up in Fulham London, ex-art teacher, Quaker by convincement, demonstrator and lecturer in art subjects, first love Watercolour. lives in Fordham Colchester Essex, I can always be reached at [email protected].<div class="flc inline" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14.4px; float: left; display: inline; color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 24px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><div id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctl00_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl05_pnlShowRate" class="flc inline" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14.4px; float: left; display: inline; color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 24px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><div title="Rate This Post" class="iasp-tt-wrapper" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14.4px; display: inline-block; vertical-align: middle !important; background: transparent;"><div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14.4px; background: transparent;"> </div></div></div></div>
Not too sure if I am in the right area for introductions. My name is Adele Elgood and I celebrated my 65th birthday 2 days ago so can now consider myself officially retired, even though I retired 14 years ago! Moved from London to North Yorkshire when I retired. Have doting husband, a son and daughter and two small granddaughters. Love painting with open acrylics but have had dabbles (not always successful) with other mediums. Really enjoy looking at other artist's paintings and commenting - sorry if you are getting fed up with the comments but there is so much artwork that I love out there. Lastly, and most importantly, I can get a little confused with technology so please bear with me when I use this site.
Im sure I wrote on here some time ago , but it appears to have vanished, come back Avie you are not alone. .. Im a Lancastrian living in Gods own country north Wales , I have the Clwydian range at the back of me with Offas Dyke traversing across them , poor Offa did not manage to keep out the pesky Welsh , and across the Vale I can see the Denbigh Moors and on a snowy day I can see Snowdon, how lucky am I . I trained at Alder Hey hospital in Liverpool . did various types of nursing including working for Marie Curie . I have brought up four children and now have seven grandchildren,,,, though I would much have prefered dogs but don't tell the kids that . Some of my very "bestest" experiences have been several trips to parts of Africa both to work in compounds taking art stuff to children , and to go into the bush and to paint animals in situ....though they didn't sit for very long. I paint in fits and starts "fits" being the most applicable at the moment. Vincent Van Gogh is probably the artist I have most admired and has influenced me, but our home grown Welsh artist Kyffin Williams fills me with delight. Also, as you can see Im not too fond of snakes or people trying to strangle me. Thats me , who's next ?

Edited
by NorthLight

Showing page 2 of 2