Liselle-Fae says hello!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello everyone, I'm brand new here so thought I'd drop a post in and introduce myself.  I'm a full-time (or trying to be) wildlife conservation & pet portrait artist who works in watercolours, and paint a lot of cats as that's where my background in wildlife conservation took me! I strive to create paintings that capture the enigmatic spirit of wildlife and try to use my paintings as a platform for education too. It was during my postgraduate studies that I began to take pet portrait commissions and, during a period of ill health, decided to step back from my career in wildlife conservation to heal while focusing on my art. I now use my art as a vessel to explore my ongoing passion for animals, and desire to reconnect others with the natural world. My signature style incorporates a bold and energetic use of colour, which is inspired by colour symbolism in Ancient Egyptian art. I'm excited to be able to connect with, and learn from, other artists here. Can't wait to have a read through the forums and meet some new people.
Here's a few pieces I painted last year "Zari The Cheetah" "Nima The Leopard" "Incana The Giant Otter"
Welcome: and three great paintings to show us.   There's a lot to read in the forums, on other parts of the site, eg techniques, back copies of the magazines, there's a blog page, and of course the gallery. Dive in!
Welcome: and three great paintings to show us.   There's a lot to read in the forums, on other parts of the site, eg techniques, back copies of the magazines, there's a blog page, and of course the gallery. Dive in!
Robert Jones, NAPA on 21/01/2022 17:15:35
Thank you for the warm welcome! I know what I'll be doing this evening... 😊
Super paintings, big welcome Liselle Faye. A good place to put your pics is on the gallery.   Could you give more info about these please .

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Super paintings, big welcome Liselle Faye. A good place to put your pics is on the gallery.   
Sylvia Evans on 21/01/2022 17:20:30
Thank you! I've uploaded a few in there already - you're only allowed to upload 4 day it seems but there's already been such a lovely reception of them. 
Welcome to the forum, interesting animal studies using a bold and positive approach which I like.
Welcome to POL forum and gallery Liselle Faye, three beautiful painting of gorgeous animals look forward to seeing more.  Be good to get involved with the discussion that take place on many subjects , and good way to learn as well.  Lots of talented people who are will to share their knowledge and skills, lots of subject in the forum  to add to as well.
Welcome Liselle your paintings are great. I like your bold use of colour. Look forward to seeing more!
Welcome Liselle-Fae, beautiful, fresh, colourful work, look forward to seeing more of it.
Tremendous paintings, Liselle-Fae, with superb character flowing through each one. Welcome to the forum. Bri
Thanks all! I appreciate the warm welcome.