Just returned to active painting.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I was seriously ill last year, having just recovered from the stress of caring for my wife too! Sadly, she is now in full time care, and I am on tenterhooks for when I will be allowed to visit the home, where they have 100% lockdown. Haven't seen my Lady for about 10 months. Still, both my wife and myself  have managed to stay free of covid; I can now relax and paint!  Cheers folks. See you around the site I am sure. Below: Near Buscot Weir Have a go if you care to!
Lovely painting John. I hope that you now enjoy better health, and that you will be able to visit your wife before too long. Hopefully now that there are vaccines, even though we know that might not be a silver bullet, things will start to improve. In the meantime enjoy creating.
I agree, it's a lovely painting and I do hope you get to see your wife very soon.
I was seriously ill last year, having just recovered from the stress of caring for my wife too! Sadly, she is now in full time care, and I am on tenterhooks for when I will be allowed to visit the home, where they have 100% lockdown. Haven't seen my Lady for about 10 months. Still, both my wife and myself  have managed to stay free of covid; I can now relax and paint!  Cheers folks. See you around the site I am sure. Below: Near Buscot Weir Have a go if you care to!
John Walker on 09/12/2020 00:41:30
Hello John, good to see you pop up again. Quite a few of us on here have had issues to deal with in recent times. We just look to try and get through them - "onwards and upwards" we say, when we can. This site , for me and I'm sure for others, is invaluable, even if we have to step back for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing your work again and commenting. All the best John.
John, it’s lovely to see you here on the forum and once again, posting your wonderful paintings on the gallery. I’m sorry to hear that the last year has been a trial for both yourself and you wife, but hope that you will be able to visit your Lady as soon as is safe, for you both. I look forward to seeing and commenting on your work again.
Thank you all. I wasn't looking for sympathy y'know! If I want that I go to the dictionary! Lol! It's good to be back. All I need now is to find out how I can see all of my pictures here, so I don't upload duplicates. Also I have just got my studio sorted out, with some new vertical blinds to control the light better! Looking forward believe me. Thanks again for the compliments... John
To see your gallery John, go to your account and click on " My Art". All will be revealed! Just had a look myself, you've ve got some lovely paintings there. 

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Thank you Marjorie. Time to check! :) John
Hi John glad to see you are back to painting after what sounds like an awful year. Let’s hope that we have better times ahead and that you can visit your wife very soon. I have found the forum a life saver since I discovered it in March!  
Thanks Gillian. I couldn't agree more with your sentiments! John
Sorry to hear about your, good lady, John, and the stress you've been under, and wish, you both, for better things to come in the future. Thankyou also for the invitation to paint your work. Its a very nice calm, clean landscape. I'll be having a try with Gouache.