Hello world

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi, I’m an newbie to posting here but i’ve put a few pics up on the gallery over the last year or so (Don’t get excited I’m definitely a beginner in this art world). I’ve been looking thought the forum posts and was reading a conversation concerned about a decline in this forum. So I figured another person posting could only help, so here goes..... My interest in art was only sparked about a year and a half ago. Prior to then I had no interest, I was totally immersed in physics and computing (hence the hello world title? Just me?).  I was watching an art competition program on the bbc, and was utterly baffled why one picture was considered better than the next. I watched a second series and was even more confused, so thought I’d try to draw and paint something myself to give myself some perspective. I then found it’s not as easy as one would expect especially without any training. However, I was hooked, and I’ve been painting and drawing ever since. I’ve been reading the array of magazines and even been going to galleries to experience as much as I can and to try and understand.  So here I am starting the next stage in my learning, communication with the more experienced/ talented.
Just had a quick look at your gallery Adrian.  It’s excellent considering what a short time you have been painting.  Very well done you.  Sorry if that sounds patronising it truly isn’t meant to do.  Enjoy the forum we are a mixed bunch  , but it’s good to talk. 
Thank you. The encouragement is most welcome. Although, I’m aware there’s a long way to go and there’s a lot more to learn. 
Hi Adrian. Glad to see you’ve taken the plunge in both senses and hope we see many more of your paintings in the gallery.
Welcoming to the world of painting and art in general. Your portfolio is very good some nice paintings in there, also please do use the forum it’s always nice to have fresh views and ideas etc. 
Missed your post at the time.  So a belated welcome to the Forum from me too! :)   It took me a while to post on the Forum when I was new to PoL but have found folk very friendly.