Hello - Newbie

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have just started drawing/painting again as life got in the way and had to wait until I retired.  I am a member of a local art class and we have a new topic each week using a whole raft of different mediums. I was a little reluctant to dip my toe in the water as it were as I am an amateur not really an artist.  Always looking for inspiration and have yet to settle on a “style” or a favoured medium. Have attached a couple of efforts, feedback would be most appreciated.

Edited
by Hilary Pearce

They are both really good paintings. If you can paint like this you are an artist, not only professional painters are artists. Your style will develop on its own don’t try forcing one on yourself, as to favourite medium I think that will happen as you develop , but for now get practicing with drawing and painting as much ad you can. Think about doing daily sketches even little doddles , and of course you could put them on the forum daily sketching for feedback. What ever you do make it fun  not a chore.
Hello Hilary, and welcome 😊 I totally agree with the above - 'make it fun not a chore'. I love the gorilla - I like the simple colour choice, and the off-centre position.
Hello Hilary, you have two really good paintings, love the gorilla, his eyes have that knowing look that only a gorilla has!! and your waterfall scene is lovely, I like the pen work defining the rocks. I think looking at your work you are a very accomplished painter/artist. Welcome to the forum!!!
Thank you so much for your comments, much appreciated.
Great  pictures Hilary, You are already an artist !  I see you have already joined us on the daily sketch so looking forward to the fruits of your labours. Like you I came to painting later in life  with a few hiccups along the way the important thing is to enjoy it!