Hello

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello to all! I'm dipping my toes in the sea of art again and am delighted to find this forum. My main interest is landscape oils, but I also dabble with other mediums, especially charcoal for portraiture and mixed medium. (I often start with an acrylic underpainting for my oils.) I'd never touched oils until recently and freely admit to being nowt but a beginner, but I'm very keen to learn. I'm not sure where I should post my work, having read that others prefer to post in the "gallery". Also, is there a critique/comment ratio per post requirement? Any advice would be gratefully received. I have checked Q's & A's btw. All the best and thanks again. JJ
Welcome to the party. Pull up a chair; we think you'll like it here. There's no post/ critique ratio, so fill yer boots. The gallery gets more traffic, so more people will see it there and it's best to post it there. You'll notice a Forum section for critique, but not everybody who uses the Gallery uses the Forum - go through "My Account" -> "My Art" and start uploading your stuff. What's your real name, so we know who to look out for in the Gallery? There is, however, one rule. Rule Number 1 - Do not upload some dodgy picture of a sad old watercolour you found in a boot sale and ask us who it's by, how old it is and how much it's worth. We get a lot of them
Hello JJ, (I can't call you Beemax.) Welcome. Lew
If you're using a PC, the Gallery is up there on the top left of the page - how it shows on Ipads etc I don't know. Alan has given you the rest of the information you need, so post away.