Tutorial video

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A quick time lapse video on how to draw a car.. Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EnnWPu2ubA Do comment. Thanks
Nope, it's a time-lapse video of someone colouring in a pre-drawn outline of a car which is clearly visible from the start. At 3:56 the wheel went from nothing to practically complete instantaneously, suggesting a very large time lapse. I learned nothing. Now, I appreciate the skillset involved in drawing a photo-realistic image, but there was no commentary, no instruction, a complete absence of detail on the reference photo or the materials you're using (we can see the pencils but some idea of which brand and why would be nice) and the background music was awful - why didn't you pay to license a better soundtrack? It's not expensive. So, not what it says in the title; more a self-indulgent "Watch me show you how good I am" video

Edited
by alang23

I did have to turn the sound-track down, I admit (not my sort of music, or, clearly, Alan's): but leaving that aside.... the trouble always with time-lapse videos is that it's very hard to learn anything from them: I've watched a few, some by very experienced artists, and have always found them frustrating because they inevitably miss out the very things you'd want to know. And I don't know that anything could be done to improve that, without actually showing the process in real time. This is your drawing and film, I take it? If so - good drawing, but if you can why not make a longer film showing more of the process? Or add a few details in the comments about the materials you used, pencils, paper, eraser, to help the learning process. Is this your first film? Don't be discouraged by these comments if it is - just bear the more constructive ones in mind.
And we might all remember that Manash is just 16 years old - so to him I say, do put some more of your work on the Gallery; and to the rest of us I say - let us encourage: we all need encouragement when starting out.
I saw one of your cars in the gallery this morning, and left a comment, nice work :)