Framing ideas for canvas boards

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello I usually paint in deep canvas, so I've not had to worry much about framing. There are obviously an abundance of framing companies to choose from, but I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing ideas for framing canvas board? Thank you Alicia
Canvas boards can be framed in ordinary frames, as long as they have a deep rebate. if you want to you can take the glass out.  If you are talking about framing canvases, you can buy a fame which the caves sits in.  This is called a floater frame. The profile of this is an L shape. They come in all sizes and colours If you type "floater frames" in your search bar and then click image  it will show various examples.
I normally use a board, of one kind or other: and for framing - if they're of an unusual dimension, or I want a really great frame - I have it done properly by people who know what they're doing; or look out for old, high quality frames in antique/junk shops (the snag is, these often have old paintings in them, and I just hate removing a frame from someone else's work, even if it's not good). If I'm looking for a perfectly acceptable, standard-sized frame - well there are plenty of online sources; Woodware Workshops; Ashcraft Framing; Eze-frame; Jacksons do their own, including floater frames - the standard of ready-made frames these days is immeasurably higher than it used to be - I've used all of those companies over the years, and have been very impressed by them.   Framing for an actual canvas is a little more difficult - as Alan B says, you need to ensure they have a deep rebate.   A lot of ready-made frames haven't enough.  But I rarely paint on stretched canvas - I'm sure one of those companies would be able to sort you out nicely, if you do. 
Thank you Alan and Robert I think floater frames may be me. I just wasnt sure what is fashionable these days in terms of framing?  Something else I'll work out soon enough.  Thank you
Fashion schmashion - do what's best for your paintings.