My book is here!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I'm not one to rush, I've reached page 68, of the Vibrant Oils, this covers limited pallets, one that caught me is the Anders Zorn, pallet. I did a search and was delighted to find so much about it. One face book image is a lady who had a Zorn painting, and using his pallet, blended the colours she saw in the painting, so instructive. Not being up to that standard, I used the same palette to make a misty landscape from imagination. Latter I'll be using my own reference photos. This is such an inspiring book. I'll pop my effort in the gallery, later.

Edited
by carol

It is, Alan, I'm bookmarking places of interest as I go along, so frustrating to have to go searching for useful information within a book. I'll be using with this particular pallet for a while during my self imposed lessons. The first painting is dark and moody, but after watching how the colours are mixed and used I'll get the hang of it. I was watching how portraits are painted by two different artists, on you tube last night, might have a go at one in a few months time.
:cool: you gotta watch him
I've bought it at last, on Kindle (entirely accidentally, I mean to order the real book!). Recommended to anyone starting out, and interesting to those of us who started out years ago. I've only just bought it, and think I'll buy the real thing as well - nothing like flipping through actual pages.
It is one of two books I use as references, HJ's and MoTeeuw's 'Painting Clouds and Skies in oils', both constant sources of useful information.
Showing page 2 of 2