I've got Norman's book back!

You must log in to interact with the forum threads.

Please note: Our website relaunched on the 18/09/2019 and to access your old forum account, you will need to follow our upgrade procedure here to reinstate your old website account.

Hang on Studio Wall
Twenty odd years ago, I sold a job lot of books from my library - I had to move, I couldn't take them all with me - to be honest it broke my heart: but they had to go, and they made over £350, which financed my move (I bet that sum wouldn't do it now).  One of the books I sold was the late and great Norman Battershill's Painting Landscapes in Oils.  It's a lovely book - along with several others, e.g. Rowland Hilder's, I regretted its loss and wished I'd never parted with it.  Well the other day I saw it for sale on one the bookstores dealing with Amazon - I don't mind dealing with Amazon, because a portion of any money I spend with them goes to the Dogs' Trust.  So I ordered it, and it arrived today - so glad to have it back on the shelves; it's one of the most approachable and simple guides to oil painting, better than many more recent books (with all due respect to them: I think it compares well with Haidee-Jo Summers' excellent book), and if you can get a copy yourself, you should.  But you can't have mine.  

Edited
by Robert Jones, NAPA

I will definitely have a look at this book Robert and how wonderful for a portion of your money went to the dogs trust.