WIN! Over 35 prizes to be won worth over £13,500!
Organised by The Artist and Leisure Painter in partnership with Patchings Art Centre
CALL FOR ENTRIES
We are looking for the best two-dimensional works in any media including drawings, paintings, printmaking and digital artwork from amateur painters in the Leisure Painter category, and from more experienced and professional artists in The Artist category.
Up to 140 selected works, 70 from each category, will be *exhibited at Patchings Art Centre in two separate galleries.
To enter, select an option from the box and click 'Start new entry'. If you have already started an entry but are yet to submit it, you can continue with that entry by clicking the 'Manage existing entries' button below the box and then selecting the entry you wish to edit.
We have created a step-by-step guide on how to enter our image-based competitions which can be found by clicking here, should you need it.
*Please note that physical exhibitions at Patchings Art Centre will take place Covid permitting
HOW TO ENTER
The competition is open to artists worldwide. Two-dimensional artwork in any media, including drawing, painting, printmaking and creative digital artwork is welcome. Only original work completed within the past two years will be considered and paintings based on reference photographs must have been taken by the artist or used with the permission of the photographer. Photography, except where incorporated into collage, is not acceptable.
1. The entry fee of £25 covers up to THREE entries of two-dimensional works in any media. To give more amateur artists the chance to exhibit, just ONE work per entrant will be accepted for exhibition in the Leisure Painter category. Please ensure you enter the correct category. Artists can enter either The Artist category OR the Leisure Painter category - NOT both. The Leisure Painter category is for amateur painters and The Artist category for more experienced amateur and professional artists.
2. No entry should be larger than 120x150cm WHEN FRAMED (canvases do not need to be framed).
3. TO ENTER upload digital files of your image(s) and pay your entry fee using our secure server.
4. Entries will be judged after June 3, 2021 and selected works called for exhibition. These must be framed (canvases excepted) ready for exhibition from August 21 until September 26, 2021 at Patchings Art Centre. ALL works entered MUST be available for exhibition if selected.
5. Successful entrants will be notified in mid-June about delivering their work to Patchings Art Centre, Nottinghamshire.
6. All care will be taken with entries but no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage in transit, incoming or outgoing, whilst on the competition premises or during the exhibition. Originals selected and submitted for final exhibition must be fully insured by the artist.
7. All entries must be original. Submission of entry in this competition automatically constitutes acceptance of all the competition rules and agreement to allow The Artist and/or Leisure Painter to publish, republish and repurpose entries in print and digital formats including but not limited to magazines, promotion materials, websites, databases and as part of downloadable digital products.
8. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the conditions of entry.