Leisure Painter's 31-Day Sketching Competition to win books from Search Press
What you could win
In conjunction with the 31-day sketching challenge by Sandra Busby and Tara Roskell in the August issue of Leisure Painter (order your copy here) we invite you to enter three finished sketches, based on the article, for the chance to win one of five sets of books on sketching from Search Press, worth £34.97 per set.
Enter your three best sketches based on the 31-day painting challenges by Sandra Busby and Tara Roskell in the August issue of Leisure Painter (click here to purchase your copy to follow the challenges) for your chance to win one of five sets of the following books from Search Press.
Urban Sketching Step-by-Step by Klaus Meier-Pauken
The next inspiring instalment by artist and architect Klaus Meir-Pauken, showing you how to sketch our industrial, hustling, urban world.
With useful advice on the basic materials needed, Urban Sketching Step by Step then moves on to honing essential drawing techniques from tone and colour to perspective and composition.
The huge collection of creative exercises will help you build your skills, see your surroundings with a new artistic eye and draw lively sketches of your city or town that reflect its character.
The Field Guide to Drawing & Sketching Animals by Tim Pond
One of the challenges with sketching wildlife is that animals are constantly moving. However, having some basic understanding of biology can help you capture the form, movement and ultimately the spirit of the animal in question. This combination of scientific knowledge and practical guidance is key to creating lively drawings and Tim’s ability to convey this in an accessible and engaging way makes this a unique and inspiring guide.
Sketch Your Stuff - 200 Things to Draw and How to Draw Them by Jon Stitch
For those who want to learn to draw, but stuck for how to get started, Sketch Your Stuff shows readers how to turn everyday objects that fill their home into subjects for their sketchbooks - allowing them to work on their drawing skills at any moment of the day.
The book contains 200 things to draw which are used to help budding artists build up strong art skills as they work through the book. In addition the subjects are small enough to be quick to draw so they can practise little and often, so that picking up a pencil and sketching out a drawing becomes a real pleasure.
How to Enter
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Online digital entries only. Up to three sketches can be entered.
2. Upload your entry by the closing date of midnight on August 19, 2019.
3. Entries will be judged after the closing date and the winner will be informed the following week.
4. All work entered will be featured on PaintersOnline.
5. Winning entries will feature in a future issue of Leisure Painter.
6. Submission of entry to this competition automatically constitutes acceptance of all the competition rules and agreement to allow Leisure Painter to publish, republish and repurpose entries in print and digital formats, including but not limited to magazines, promotion materials, websites, databases and as part of downloadable digital products
7. The judge's decisions will be final. No correspondence can be entered into.