How to enter & conditions
The competition is open to artists worldwide. Only original work will be considered and paintings based on reference photographs must have been taken by the artist or used with the permission of the photographer.
Photography, except where incorporated into collage, is not acceptable.
1. The entry fee of £16 covers up to THREE entries of two-dimensional works in any media; only ONE work per entrant will be accepted for exhibition in the Leisure Painter category.
2. No entry should be larger than 120x150cm WHEN FRAMED (canvases do not need to be framed).
3. ONLINE digital entries must be sent via our website at www.paintersonline.co.uk
4. BY POST colour photos or prints (no larger than A4) must be sent to the address on the entry coupon (right).
5. Each entry must be clearly marked with your name and address and title of the work and placed in an envelope to which you must affix the entry coupon, which can be found in The Artist and Leisure Painter magazines. Place into a larger envelope for posting, with a stamped addressed envelope large enough to accommodate your entries (with the correct return postage) for the results and return of your entry.
6. Send your entry/ies with the non-refundable entry fee of £16, payable to TAPC, to: TA&LP/ Patchings 2017 Competition, 63/65 High Street, Tenterden, Kent TN30 6BD, to arrive by the closing date of March 31, 2017.
7. Entries will be judged after March 31, 2017 and selected works called for exhibition. These must be framed (canvases excepted) ready for exhibition from July 13 to August 20, 2017 at Patchings Art Centre.
8. Successful entrants will be notified in late April about delivering their work between June 16 and July 2, 2017 to Patchings Art Centre, Nottinghamshire.
9. All care will be taken with entries but no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage in transit, incoming or outgoing, whilst on the competition premises or during the exhibition. Originals selected and submitted for final exhibition must be fully insured by the artist.
10. Original works must be left with the organisers throughout the exhibition
Sally Bulgin, editor The Artist
David Curtis ROI, RMSA
Guest judge Ken Howard OBE, RA
Ingrid Lyon, editor of Leisure Painter
John Sprakes ROI, RBA, MAFA
Liz Wood, artist and co-owner of Patchings Art Centre
Individual prizes to be awarded comprise:
Click here to purchase an entry to this year's competition.