Acceptable Use Policy
for forum and other user-contributing sections
Applicable to all forums and other user-contributing sections provided by The Artists' Publishing Co Ltd
The forums and other user-contributing sections on Painters-Online, provided by The Artists' Publishing Co Ltd, are designed to enhance visitor enjoyment. We do ask you to observe the following rules and guidelines:
The forums are for discussions about our magazines, reader experiences, technical problems, drawing and painting in general and other similar issues. Visitors are encouraged to contribute to these forums. Most of our groups are open and anyone can submit their own comments, or reply to those posted by others. There are some exceptions where postings are limited to subscribers and/or registered users.
- Please try to keep to the subject. Ours are mainly leisure-interest communities and comments having some relevance to the magazines/subject are much more likely to be of interest to others.
- Bad language or threatening behaviour is not acceptable. Postings containing any language likely to offend other readers will be deleted. This also applies to any messages containing offensive statements relating to sexual orientation, race, religion or other factors having no relevance to the subject.
- Commercial postings are not permitted. They are not a vehicle for press releases, advertisements, or any other solicited or unsolicted commercial communication.
- You are reminded of the text you agreed to when you use a Painters-Online forum, and other user-contributing sections and are required to comply with it:
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, libellous, hateful, threatening or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
You also agree to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy. Compliance with our policy is a contractual requirement of access to our forums, and other user-contributing sections and failure to comply may lead to a suspension or termination of your user account without further notice from us. We reserve the right to remove postings without prior notification. We further reserve our right to pursue any individual/group via the laws of England and Wales. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid enforcement of these conditions.
You agree that The Artists' Publishing Co Ltd have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time if we deem appropriate. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored on a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent The Artists' Publishing Co Ltd cannot be held responsible for any event that may lead to the data being compromised.
Where a password is user generated, you agree that you are responsible for choosing a secure password that cannot be easily undermined.
Back to forums