Where are they now?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
A couple of members that seem to have disappeared for some considerable time just came to mind! Sandra Kennedy from I think New Zealand, and John Instone or Inkson (not sure about the spelling) from close by me in Wolverhampton. Sandra was a regular poster on the gallery and John has been known to be absent for long periods, but it seems an age since he commented on the forum or posted a painting. I’m sure there are more, but it’s a pity as both had something of value to offer!
Marjorie hasn't been in for a while either.

Edited
by carol

I think you're right, Tessa. I hope she'll pop in and let us know how she is.
If I didn't pop up on the forum, you'd think I was dead too - because I don't think I've put anything on the Gallery since December last year ... unless it was some old piece I dug up. The world can get in the way sometimes; and we all have fallow periods (at least, I assume even Alan does - he's still producing work at a steady rate). Some of our stars of yesteryear have gone on to higher things - eg Mr Damn-I've-forgotten-his-name ..... um, thingy; whosit; Sylvia will know who I mean, very keen, very good oil painter, black, full of enthusiasm, sketches people on public transport - name starts with A (I think). Senility is a terrible thing, isn't it? We've also lost Ade .... er .... something. Painted in System 3 acrylics; Brownlow! I've often wondered how he's doing (better than I am, by the look of it). I seem to think of people in terms of the media they use rather than by name.......
Well, there you go, Alan, if you don't ask you will never know, in this instance 'we' will never know. A good thread. Oh, gosh, Marjorie so sorry to hear that, and good to know, at the moment, you feel fine, I hope this feeling continues and all will be well.
You're in my prayers as of now Marjorie. You will defeat it..... Jim.. p.s. Rupert seems to have disappeared as of late and Rachel isn't posting much. Good news about Ibolya and great to see John Cooney back.

Edited
by Wanderer69

I'm here, lurking. Sorry guys.and gals. I've not painted for a while...its been so hot and.humid ive been outright off. I'm also getting my head round going back to work after having fourteen months sick leave. I'm very happy to be hale and hearty but the reality of going back to shift work after some long off, and so long working pretty much full time as a priest, is really daunting and sapping. I'm not in a good place but I.know I need to be. I've had zero support from work...amazing isn't it? I require a special security pass to do my job and no one has thought to ask me whether it is still valid. Today I phoned and emailed explaining that necause there has been zero return to work support they have a problem looming...they havent even bothered to get back to me so I rather wash my hands now. However, as a professional who tries to to best work, it leaves me feeling rather stressed. It all pales I to insignificance when compared to dear Marjorie's troubles however, so I must maintain perspective. I hope to paint again as the weather cools...ive got a few ideas bubbling away. 😀😀 Thanks all for remembering me...and apologies for not answering PM, I genuinely didn't receive any notifications. Best wishes D
Sorry to read about the lack of support in your workplace, David, it seems in many sectors, the apathy amongst fellow workers is dreadful, I hear about it so often when I talk to friends outside of my own industry. All the best on your return, David.
I also hope all is well with, Margaret, this lady has left for a while as her husband was ill.
My apologies. I'm afraid I did "drop off the planet" after returning from a trip that lasted most of April, and still trying to get organised in this new place. The longer I kept delaying checking in the harder it seemed to get. Really sorry about that. A lovely kind inquiry from Sylvia has motivated me again, have just worked out where to photograph paintings (back room but only mornings when there is natural light), have put one up and will try to get another one cropped properly before too long. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that people noticed, so thank-you very much for inquiring. I shall check back over the paintings of all my favourite artists but afraid I'll probably only comment on the most recent. Incidentally I'm off again next week until mid-September, firstly to Canberra where there is an exhibition of impressionist paintings including Monet's Sunrise, then through the Banda Sea on a smallish ship to Bali, so expect I'll be out of internet contact during that time. I won't leave it so long again once I get back.
I have now read through the whole of this thread and send my very best wishes to Marjorie for her treatment, and David for his return to work. I am so sorry to hear about the lack of support from your workplace. I shall be thinking of you both.
Yes, it's always nice to know you're missed, Sandra, gives that little lift to the day. Have a pleasant trip.
Showing page 1 of 2