Chance to win tickets to the private screening of Mrs Lowry and Son

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
We have five pairs of tickets to the private screening of the new film Mrs Lowry and Son, starring Timothy Spall, and five sets of Lowry-inspired art materials from Winsor & Newton to give away in our latest competition. But hurry as this competition closes on August 23! http://bit.ly/2YKbaiV
Susie Hodge will be interviewing Timothy Spall about his portrayal of LS Lowry for us next week. If anyone has any questions for us to consider putting to him, let us know!
Having played J.M.W Turner, ( quite brilliantly, by the way, although it was a segment of his work and not his life story)) how did you react when asked to play L.S.Lowry, art-wise a totally different personality and artist.?
I should imagine there will be many people watching this film who are interested in art and the art world, as a whole. It is said that 'art heals' So my question/s - Has the easel in the photo above been placed in a dusty prop cupboard, never to be seen again? Would the film makers be interested in placing it in a public auction, for people to bid on and raise money to enhance an art room of Timothy Spall's choice? Many hospices now have these art facilities and are tirelessly raising funds to improve their art and craft environment. If you don't ask, you'll never know :)
Question for Timothy. You played a really convincing part depicting the genius painter JMW Turner, and your latest role as the much-loved LS Lowry must have been in complete contrast, both in style and subject matter. Which artist did you find more interesting to depict, and how easy, or difficult was it to learn the basics (sufficient to be convincing on set) of these two very different styles of painter? Finally, would you like to go on and play more famous artists’ or is this it? The scope is endless of course!
Thanks all! Look out for details of Susie's interview soon!

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Spam again, I have reported it.
As Spammers R'Us has awakened this thread .... did anyone see the programme hosted by Fiona Bruce (Fake or Fortune? - is that the title?) on Lowry?  He claimed to use just Flake White in his paintings, which meant of course that any painting found to contain Titanium White, or Zinc, would be rejected as a forgery.  Unfortunately, LS fibbed - they found a photo of him standing amid boxes of clearly-labelled Titanium White - and were thus able to authenticate a Lowry painting that had been in doubt before.  So if you have a Lowry over the fireplace that has been labelled a fake - go back to the dealers/gallery/auctioneers with it, and cash in.
I did see that, it was fascinating to follow. No benefit to me though, no Lowry’s lurking!
As Spammers R'Us has awakened this thread .... did anyone see the programme hosted by Fiona Bruce (Fake or Fortune? - is that the title?) on Lowry?  He claimed to use just Flake White in his paintings, which meant of course that any painting found to contain Titanium White, or Zinc, would be rejected as a forgery.  Unfortunately, LS fibbed - they found a photo of him standing amid boxes of clearly-labelled Titanium White - and were thus able to authenticate a Lowry painting that had been in doubt before.  So if you have a Lowry over the fireplace that has been labelled a fake - go back to the dealers/gallery/auctioneers with it, and cash in.
Robert Jones, NAPA on 25/08/2020 16:33:01
Yes, I saw that and was fairly impressed.