Oscar - AKA Fauntleroy - WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Back end of last year and beginning of this one have been pretty cool, car-painting wise - but I fancied a change. Got another automotive commission to start mid-June, but I've been threatening to paint Oscar, our Lhasa Apso, for donkey's ages so thought I'd give it a whirl. We had Oscar photographed by a photography student a couple of years ago and she did a great job, so I'm using one of her shots as reference. While I was fired up off the back of finishing the Meldrum Motors painting, thought I'd get a start! The background of the reference photo was a completely uniform black, but I wanted to add some colour that would complement Oscar's coat, and I wanted to actually leave some visible brush marks for a change. So I splashed, almost literally, some Payne's Grey, Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber about, and think it's working pretty well so far. Anth
Look forward to seeing this - acrylic or oil?