Please critique my painting. Done on canvas in acrylics

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Looks a bit fat for a Cheetah. Nicely painted . What is your photographic source ? . Hopefully from your own photograph.
I'm not a zoologist - but I have seen the occasional cheetah. They do have smaller heads than the other big cats - but I'm not entirely convinced by the relative size in your painting. My suggestion would be to draw them, draw them, and draw them - until you're entirely comfortable with the proportions. As for the rest - yes, I think others have mentioned the most salient points, on modelling, for example, and shading, but I'd have been happy to have achieved this when starting out - you have all the basic accomplishments in place, and just need to keep developing them. Draw, draw, draw: paint, paint, paint, basically! You will develop and get even better.
Don't worry about it - we get some who post here, asking for advice; we offer it, when we can - and then we never hear from them again. When this happens a number of times, people get irritated. But you are not one o' they, and thank you for coming back to us: hope the critiques helped.