AWOL.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi Everybody, I know I have not been posting very much recently but I have been a little busy working towards starting my own art group. Last Thursday was the first class, I had no idea how many people would turn up, although I had enquiries and interest via emails, I was not sure whether these would lead to anything. Due to the fact that the class was being help at a centre which was used as a polling station. I was very surprised that by 10'o clock I had 4 people seated waiting for some instruction and all wanting to know how to draw OOOOPS..... Using four letters from the alphabet we drew stickmen then we expanded into more men to make a scene (i.e. Football game etc)....then I asked them to draw as many shapes as they could think of.. most drew 13, we did some squiggling, I asked them to turn their squiggles into something, and as you know all my squiggles always turn into mountains. coffee break and chat to get details from all.. second half....to draw a rose from a picture I had done, they had the option of tracing but all said they would do it freehand...and used coloured pencils to finish off...So from a stickman to a rose colour picture I thought -- Didn't they do well?? Sorry about this rampage but I have no-one else to share my feelings with my first adventure into teaching I am putting my soap box away for a while....thanks for listening Tao
Well done tao, sounds like time well spent.
Well done Tao. I am sure you will get into the swing of things and your new members will soon be telling you what they want to draw and paint which is a challenge for you in itself. Very good luck with your new group. Dorothy Wilson
Well done you. Teaching can be so demanding especially when you do it on a regular basis thinking of something different each week to maintain interest. I wish you all the best.