Sorolla exhibition at the National Gallery til 7 July.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I visited this with my art group last Thursday and just wanted to say it was fabulous and well worth a visit if anyone’s in London, just go see it! You won’t regret it. I was introduced to his work a few years ago by a tutor, having never heard of him before, and just love the way he paints light and colour. I’ve seen quite a few of the major exhibitions in the last few years and for me, this was easily the most enjoyable and inspiring, and possibly the best I’ve seen. It’s really well displayed and lit, and many of his paintings are very big which means that you can stand back and view rather than everyone pushing through the crowds to see something small which is often the case. Incidentally we also saw the Van Goch at the Tate, which was too crowded and not so enjoyable. I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has been to either, what you thought. Tessa
We have a competition to win tickets to see this fab exhibition and enjoy afternoon tea at the National Gallery!