van Gogh

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I bought a couple of van Gough watercolour 10 ml paint tubes a week or so back, and having just used them for the first time fined them to be quite good, not the best, but good. Has anyone used them and what are your views, be good to know what they are like in the long term, do they hold colour , fade away etc. Will hold off getting some more. Price was ok at £2: 50 a tube have paid more for inferior paint in the past.
Presumably you are taking about the Royal Talens range Dixie. I've not tried their watercolours so can't help on that score, but I have got quite a few of their oil paints which are excellent. The film 'Loving Vincent' was painted entirely with this range. It's a well established company and I'm pretty confident that you won't experience any issues with the watercolours. Other's may have first hand knowledge.
I haven't tried this particular watercolour brand, but I do know that buying cheap is not the way forward, poor quality paint will most likely give a poor quality finish due to lack of pigment, I would say invest in professional quality paint rather than wasting money on student quality, I found a really good deal on second hand W & N paints years ago and still have loads left in the tubes.... However, I only do miniature watercolours so that's probably why, Daniel Smith's are lovely paints to use too.