We do need moderating

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Photos of men on icebergs. Why? This stuff should be moderated and removed.
His first...and hopefully last!
It is conceivable (just) that this is a photograph of a man sitting in front of a very large painting. It would still be more photograph than paining but at least It would at least explain why the gentleman concerned has given the medium as acrylic. Maybe he is misguided enough to think Painters-online is a site where you upload photographs of artists!
I've found the picture you mean, or I think I have - it looks to me like a man sitting in front of a painting in clothing which would be appropriate were he actually in the environment he has painted; something of a trick posting, and quite witty - if that's what it is.
Let's hope the artist responds before the May 5th posting disappear off the easily found last 10 pages. I agree with Robert Jones' comment part of it looks like it could be a painting and part is clearly a photograph. I asked myself if I sat in front of my own artwork would I dress up in a lifejacket, cold weather gear and carry a camera? The answer is no.
Good point Tessa, that would be the most reasonable explanation. It is a pity he never gave the posting a title, that would have given us a clue.
I agree with Alan, title, medium, size and of course artist's name....we do get paintings posted without even the artist's name.
I have just tracked back to this May 5th posting (now on Page 19 of the Gallery!) and been disappointed that the artist has not responded to the various comments seeking clarification about photograph, painting, a witty mixture of the two, or just getting his profile picture and gallery post muddled up. He hasn't made any other postings either, or perhaps I should say yet. I hope he does, it could be fascinating.
I just wish the site mods would take these images off the forum. It's tedious to keep bleating on when nothing changes. A good forum is like a garden...it needs a few folks with pruning shears to ensure the good plants flourish.