Art Clubs

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Apologies if this topic has come before. In old age (and I mean old!) and after ploughing a lone furrow for some years, I am considering joining a small, local mixed art group with 15 - 20 members. I'm sure many of you are, or have been, members of a group and I would welcome any comments you may have about your experiences.
Well I joined one then left. I found it very good and enjoyable. The reasons I left were (a) work and (b) it was an ART group rather than a watercolour group. I have no interest in using other media but if I found a suitable group I would rejoin so I wish you luck.
I live just down the road from Great Bardfield, in Essex, which had a thriving art community in the mid-20th century - Bawden, Ravilious, Sheila Robinson etc. What we noticed on the local Facebook Community page was that there's a whole bunch of us in the local area creating something - metal sculpture, chainsaw sculpture, glass fusion and a large collection of painters. So, the new incarnation of the Great Bardfield artists society is a social thing across social media as well as monthly get- togethers in the same pub as our illustrious predecessors. We formed in October and used our collective oomph to hold our first exhibition with our second coming up during the summer. No teaching, just social and collective clout. The social aspect is most useful as we all shut ourselves away in our studios for long hours to create.