May forum challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
I know it's still April but, as I have holiday booked after this week, here is your May challenge. In this article from a previous issue of The Artist, Winston Oh shares a dotty way to paint flowers https://www.painters-online.co.uk/techniques-and-tips/view,a-dotty-way-to-paint-flowers-with-winston-oh_15544.htm My challenge this month is to paint in flowers or garden scenes in the style of the pointillists. Look forward to seeing your work!
Masochistic or what ?
I thought you'd like this one Sylvia!
I'll pass if you don't mind as I don't see the point! (Get it? see the point?...oh well maybe next time)
Is the technique required for this challenge, a Signac type of pointillism?
Really like that fish, Anderson great movement. Two well presented works, a great start to the challenge.
The other week I went to Tesco and there was a set of 28 Sharpie pens, a good range of colours, for just over £5, couldn't leave them there at that price, so, with them on Bristol Board here is my first flower picture- I found this a very relaxing method.
Thank you, Fiona, and Margaret I wouldn't want to be doing this method with watercolour, the pens came in very handy.

Edited
by carol

Did this, again, with the Sharpie pens, on rice paper.
I had never even heard of pointillism, so had to look it up. It looked like fun, so I had a go and this is the result. I used acrylic pens.
Thank you Margaret, I must say, I do like using the pens for this type of art work, Dylan, your work is lovely, I hope you found producing it as relaxing as I did.
L.O.L I do hope you'll have another try at it, the acrylic pens seem a good medium to use, nothing like a good workout to expand the mind :)
Showing page 1 of 2