High Tide at Trow Rock

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Any points of critique and analysis would be very welcome for this second painting in my new Trow Rock series. Oil on canvas 406 x 305 mms.

Edited
by Beemax

What I like is how you have painted the spray dark agains the light source and light against the dark sea. Well done.
I like it just as it is, and am glad you kept the birds.
Thank you very much, Splosh and Robert, for the thoughtful comments. Appreciated. I have another one in the offing but this time I'm going to experiment with hue and tone to see if it makes a difference. Getting the balance between light and dark, for the spray especially, was one of my main concerns, Splosh, so thanks for that. I think you're right, Robert, and I'll keep the birds from now on in. I've always hummed and harred over their inclusion, yet I'm never happy if I leave them out. Best to both Bri
Wow I really like the lighting effect you achieved on the water spray. I can almost imagine being there. Irina
Thank you very much, Irisha and Tessa, for the words of encouragement. Appreciated. This one, and its sister, is now framed but that could easily change. *smile* Bri