April Forum Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
We still have a few leaping lambs etc coming in for the March challenge but, as April issues are in the shops now, shall we start with a new one? For something a bit different be inspired by this poem by Debra Squyres: Paint me a day With lemon squeezed yellow Lime green meadows Beneath bluebell skies mellow. Brush in the shoots of daffodils sunny blooms delegating room for a robins red belly plumes. Stroke in this scene daisies white with sunny smiles altering this trial of winter's cold, but for awhile. Looking forward to seeing what you all make of this one!
A poetic pallet ready for the painting, looking forward to starting this :)
Wow this needs thinking about! Love the poem.
And Vincent Joined in the Challenge! My very quick take on the latest challenge, decided to splash some thick paint around for a change. Great therapy!

Edited
by alanbickley

Nicely done, Alan. I'm having a go today, and as suggested in a certain dvd, I'm giving myself an hour, outdoors, well, it is a challenge :)
This Alla Prima is a bit of a tackle. I've used the board before hence the small lumpy bits, a few flies, and a bit of fern on a daffodil.
This is my entry and I confess it's an older one I've re-worked but it so seems to fit the bill. It's so stupidly simple that it's one of my favourite works.

Edited
by Wanderer69

My initial attempt is based on a photo I took on Sunday. So we have the colours and subject matter in this rural scene. The church clock represents the passing day and bare trees winter. This must be poor having to explain everything, will try not to be to literal with the next one.
Nice work being presented. A lovely abstract, Ellen. A little vignette—
Paint me a day...when the sky's not grey... lovely weather means get outside and paint - the view down the lane. Nick O'B
All the paintings so far are super! Well done everyone. I am still thinking!
Some lovely attempts so far. Jenny, I love yours!
Showing page 1 of 3