Jim's Mustang WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
Haven't been on for a while as I've started a full-time temp contract, so painting's taken a back seat yet again! Things certainly are topsy turvy sometimes :) Anyway, actually had some energy left yesterday so got started on a new one - Jim's S550 Mustang at a track day earlier this year. Apologies for obscure angle and crap photo, trying to get minimal reflections from the room light: Going to try and get this done before the end of the month, along with the OK Diner painting elsewhere in the WIPs - going to be busy! Anth
Got some bodywork completed tonight: Anth
Great progress and superb skills, Anth. I'm not surprised the orders are flooding in. Bri
More on the Mustang...stripes are a bugger! Anth
Bit more on the Mustang - only getting around an hour a night at the moment but progress is progress :) Anth
Thanks Sylvia! I do work quickly when I get brave enough, but most of the time it's small, tentative moves, which can be frustrating! It's funny that some people show disdain for others' technique sometimes isn't it? Far as I'm concerned, there are no 'correct' methods, just whatever works for the individual artist. Are the bluebells on here? Would love to see where you're at with them - I'll have a hunt shortly :) Got some non-red bits blocked in tonight - Feels like decent progress for the first time this week. Anth
Coming along nicely, Anth, and so are the bluebells, Sylvia. Keep at it! Bri
Got a positive flyer in today! Feel like I'm getting some momentum going now, which is great as I'd love to get this one finished next week! Anth
That's the bodywork finished - now for the fiddly bits! :) Anth.
Thanks Fiona! Been putting the side off for a while but finally bit the bullet on Sunday and cracked on with it :)
Got another decent night in, the track's now done: Going to let this one dry and get on with the blue cars which you may have seen elsewhere. Anth
Had a fairly sleepless night so got up early and progressed this one: Got a bit more done this evening and couldn't resist getting the plate in! Anth
Showing page 1 of 3