Not sure about composition for still life.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Not much wrong with that. I'd move the vase of flowers down the page a touch so that the volume of the flowers is on the "third of the way down" line but that's it
And it looks great Dawn.
Does indeed. Nice work Dawn.
Hi Dawn, I think the flowers and the box would be fine. I find the Photo on the right distracting from the composition though. Hope this helps.
This painting will, eventually have a small verse in the pink box. I'm undecided whether to leave the background as it is or paint in some faded tree outlines, where I have marked above, or maybe an extension to the arc of hips? What do you think?
Thanks, Marjorie, always good to have another's opinion. A good suggestion, maybe the size of the hips could be the in between size of the foreground and background. I'll attempt this this, later today.
Well, the rosehip painting didn't go to plan, but all is not lost, I'll just crop all the font, and keep the hips :)
Thank you, Marjorie. I must admit I'm quite pleased with them :)